So, you have just been discharged from the hospital following your breast reconstruction surgery, and the only thing you can think about is how soon you will be able to resume your daily routine complete with your normal activities. However, you are kicking yourself because you never asked your surgeon that very question. Don’t worry. A quick phone call to your surgeon will solve this problem.
That said, before calling your surgeon, it is imperative that you know what to ask them. That’s why we decided to write this blog entry. With that in mind, besides asking when you may resume normal activities, here are some good questions for those in Houston that get breast implants through breast reconstruction to ask:
1) How do I care for the area where my surgery took place?
2) What are some specific health concerns that I should be looking for so I’ll know them when I see them?
2) How soon can I get my bandages and dressings removed?
3) When can I bathe or shower?
4) How soon should I come in to your office for a followup visit?
5) How often do I need to take the medication you prescribed?
6) What is the recommended dosage of the medication you prescribed?